by Dr. Hsien-Hsien Lei
Posted April 27, 2007 in DNA Fun, DNA and Disease
Such is how the researchers come across in Nicholas Wade’s New York Times article about seven new diabetes genes.
Dr. Mark McCarthy of the University of Oxford in England:
It has not been a terribly productive field until the last two or three months.
Translation: You guys have all been a bunch of lazy losers.
Dr. McCarthy again:
The DeCode paper only found one new gene, and we found three.
Translation: Nyah. Nyah. We won!
Dr. Kari Stefansson, DeCode Genetics chief executive:
I would be a fool if I thought these guys would never pull their act together and besides, if we were the only ones to do this it would be an insupportable burden.
Translation: I’ll share this time but watch out next time!
Dr. Michael Boehnke of the University of Michigan:
Itâ€™s very exciting to have results in which we truly believe.
Translation: All the previous results other people produced can’t be trusted but my results are the best.
Dr. David Altshuler of the Broad Institute:
I tip my hat to DeCode. But the technology is now widely available.
Translation: Stop bragging about your fancy DNA toys. We all have them now.
*All said in jest. Don’t be mad at me if you’re one of the scientists mentioned above!!
deCODE Genetics Finds New Gene Variant for Heart Attacks...
Eye on DNA Links – June 7, 2007...
Type 1 Diabetes Causes DNA Damage in Sperm...
Use of “DNA” and “Genes” by Years, Continents, and Celebrities...
Nurse Kendra James Takes The deCODE T2 DNA Test...
Eye on DNA Links – June 28, 2007...
Dr. James Le Fanu Rolls His Eyes At Genes...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Search Eye on DNA
- Genetic Genealogy on Faces of America
- DNA Network Tweet Cloud
- Genetics = Real Science
- Larry David’s DNA Test
- Lopez Tonight First Late-Night Show to Offer DNA Testing
- American Genes Don’t Exist
- Knowledge about Genetic Risk is Power or is it Fear?
- Murderer Gets Reduced Sentence Because His Genes Made Him Do It
- Video: Knome’s Ari Kiirikki Speaks with Medgadget
- DNA Toys: Ben 10 and Digimon Digivice
- 100 Facts About DNA
- Salaries for Jobs in Genetics
- How To Determine Paternity Without A DNA Test
- Fetal Gender DNA Tests Answer Common Pregnancy Question...Or Not
- What does DNA mean to you?
- Eye on DNA Interview: Dr. Tzung-Fu Hsieh of RedTracer DNA Test for the Red Hair Gene, MC1R
- Books About DNA: The Crime of Reason by Robert B. Laughlin
- Genetically Modified Organisms Bring in the Cash
- Navigenics Introduces Physician Portal and Annual Insight Service
- People Who’ve Had Their Genomes Sequenced
09/29/2009 07:03 am
- Larry David’s DNA Test
11/17/2009 02:52 am
- 23andMe DNA Tests for $399, Down From $999
09/10/2008 04:33 am
- Crazy Genetic Marketing Ideas
07/05/2008 09:14 pm
- Parenting Children Using Genetic Tests
05/18/2009 02:09 am
- Business of DNA
- DNA @ Google Answers
- DNA and Disease
- DNA and Genealogy
- DNA and the Law
- DNA Around the World
- DNA Fun
- DNA in General
- DNA Inventions and Gadgets
- DNA Lab Talk
- DNA Podcasts and Videos
- DNA Quotes and Excerpts
- DNA Testing
- Gene Therapy
- Genetic Engineering
- Genetically Modified Foods and Organisms
- Jobs Involving DNA
- Personalities with DNA
- Polls About DNA
- January 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- Suracell Inc. Blog
- Omics! Omics!
- Gene Expression
- Scared to Health
- QUEST Science Blog
- Genes & Drugs Blog