by Dr. Hsien-Hsien Lei
Posted May 24, 2007 in DNA in General, Eye on DNA Headlines
On June 3rd, I will be hosting Gene Genie here at Eye on DNA. To participate, all you need to do is send me a post all about genes and gene-related diseases. You can also use this submission form. Looking forward to reading all of your submissions. The more the merrier!
Now on to today’s Eye on DNA links:
- Sandy at Discovering Biology in a Digital World shares her opinion on nepotism, Google, and personal genomics.
- Walter at Highlight HEALTH talks about the medical blogosphere and the state of healthcare blogging.
- Blaine at The Genetic Genealogist has an excellent explanation of how SNPs and haplotypes can be handy for creating a person’s genotype except in the case of rare mutations.
Carl Zimmer at The Loom discusses the tangled web of genes determining complex physical traits like obesity and cleverly segues to the issue of fair use. Also don’t miss Carl’s latest article – Mendel’s Mouse in the May issue of Discover.
Eye on DNA Links – 1 July 2007...
Eye on DNA Links for 22 July 2007...
DNA Paternity Testing in Ratatouille...
Eye on DNA Headlines for 30 April 2008...
Eye on DNA Headlines for 23 March 2008...
Eye on DNA Links...
Eye on DNA July Winner and August Contest...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Search Eye on DNA
- Genetic Genealogy on Faces of America
- DNA Network Tweet Cloud
- Genetics = Real Science
- Larry David’s DNA Test
- Lopez Tonight First Late-Night Show to Offer DNA Testing
- American Genes Don’t Exist
- Knowledge about Genetic Risk is Power or is it Fear?
- Murderer Gets Reduced Sentence Because His Genes Made Him Do It
- Video: Knome’s Ari Kiirikki Speaks with Medgadget
- DNA Toys: Ben 10 and Digimon Digivice
- 100 Facts About DNA
- Salaries for Jobs in Genetics
- Fetal Gender DNA Tests Answer Common Pregnancy Question...Or Not
- What does DNA mean to you?
- Eye on DNA Interview: Dr. Tzung-Fu Hsieh of RedTracer DNA Test for the Red Hair Gene, MC1R
- How To Determine Paternity Without A DNA Test
- Books About DNA: The Crime of Reason by Robert B. Laughlin
- Genetically Modified Organisms Bring in the Cash
- Navigenics Introduces Physician Portal and Annual Insight Service
- People Who’ve Had Their Genomes Sequenced
09/29/2009 07:03 am
- Larry David’s DNA Test
11/17/2009 02:52 am
- 23andMe DNA Tests for $399, Down From $999
09/10/2008 04:33 am
- Crazy Genetic Marketing Ideas
07/05/2008 09:14 pm
- Parenting Children Using Genetic Tests
05/18/2009 02:09 am
- Business of DNA
- DNA @ Google Answers
- DNA and Disease
- DNA and Genealogy
- DNA and the Law
- DNA Around the World
- DNA Fun
- DNA in General
- DNA Inventions and Gadgets
- DNA Lab Talk
- DNA Podcasts and Videos
- DNA Quotes and Excerpts
- DNA Testing
- Gene Therapy
- Genetic Engineering
- Genetically Modified Foods and Organisms
- Jobs Involving DNA
- Personalities with DNA
- Polls About DNA
- January 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- Six Impossible Things Before Breakfast
- Gene Expression
- Philosophy of Genetics
- Discovering Biology in a Digital World
- Scared to Health
- Nurse Practitioner News
- Adventures in Ethics and Science
- The Panda’s Thumb