by Dr. Hsien-Hsien Lei
Posted July 9, 2007 in DNA Fun, DNA in General
In a bid to take myself out of the running for an Overselling Genomics Award, I present to you 10 ways DNA can f*** up your life. (Excuse the swearing, I figure that I come across like a Pollyanna too much of the time.)
9. You inherited faulty DNA (disease-causing gene).
8. Your DNA matches the DNA found at a crime scene.
7. The prosecution withheld DNA test results from your defense attorneys.
6. Your DNA didn’t match the DNA of the person who you thought was your parent.
5. The results from your Y-DNA genealogy test showed that you were missing the DSY464 marker which means you’re infertile and…your daughter is not your daughter.
4. The wrong person’s DNA was found in your husband’s underwear.
3. You donated sperm anonymously but your offspring tracked you down anyway using genealogy DNA testing.
1. You make DNA and all things related to DNA your life.
DNA Testing Can Ruin Your Life Forever...
What’s in your DNA? #18...
How Many Ways Can A Physician Be Sued (Over Genetic Tests)?...
What does DNA mean to you? #6...
Dancing to the Genome...
Books About DNA: Life As It Is by William Loomis...
Google Answers DNA – Who’s yer daddy?...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Search Eye on DNA
- Genetic Genealogy on Faces of America
- DNA Network Tweet Cloud
- Genetics = Real Science
- Larry David’s DNA Test
- Lopez Tonight First Late-Night Show to Offer DNA Testing
- American Genes Don’t Exist
- Knowledge about Genetic Risk is Power or is it Fear?
- Murderer Gets Reduced Sentence Because His Genes Made Him Do It
- Video: Knome’s Ari Kiirikki Speaks with Medgadget
- DNA Toys: Ben 10 and Digimon Digivice
- 100 Facts About DNA
- Salaries for Jobs in Genetics
- Fetal Gender DNA Tests Answer Common Pregnancy Question...Or Not
- What does DNA mean to you?
- Eye on DNA Interview: Dr. Tzung-Fu Hsieh of RedTracer DNA Test for the Red Hair Gene, MC1R
- Books About DNA: The Crime of Reason by Robert B. Laughlin
- Genetically Modified Organisms Bring in the Cash
- How To Determine Paternity Without A DNA Test
- Navigenics Introduces Physician Portal and Annual Insight Service
- People Who’ve Had Their Genomes Sequenced
09/29/2009 07:03 am
- Larry David’s DNA Test
11/17/2009 02:52 am
- 23andMe DNA Tests for $399, Down From $999
09/10/2008 04:33 am
- Crazy Genetic Marketing Ideas
07/05/2008 09:14 pm
- Parenting Children Using Genetic Tests
05/18/2009 02:09 am
- Business of DNA
- DNA @ Google Answers
- DNA and Disease
- DNA and Genealogy
- DNA and the Law
- DNA Around the World
- DNA Fun
- DNA in General
- DNA Inventions and Gadgets
- DNA Lab Talk
- DNA Podcasts and Videos
- DNA Quotes and Excerpts
- DNA Testing
- Gene Therapy
- Genetic Engineering
- Genetically Modified Foods and Organisms
- Jobs Involving DNA
- Personalities with DNA
- Polls About DNA
- January 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- Philosophy of Genetics
- The Minnesota Gene Pool
- Tales of CFS
- Off The Road
- Epigenetics News
- Free Association
- The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary