by Dr. Hsien-Hsien Lei
Posted July 22, 2007 in Eye on DNA Headlines
- Walter at Highlight Health is looking for Pediatric Grand Rounds submissions. Deadline is Friday, July 27.
- Odile Crick, wife of Francis Crick, died on July 5. She was the first artist to render an image of the DNA double helical structure in the April 1953 issue of Nature.
“She also was famously underwhelmed when her husband — returning from his standing lunch with Watson at the Eagle pub in Cambridge, England — excitedly told her for the first time about his DNA findings.
‘You were always coming home and saying things like that,” she said, “so naturally I thought nothing of it.’”
- Men who were proven NOT to be the father using paternity tests may still be responsible for child support regardless of DNA evidence because of signed legally binding documents. In Tennessee, the voluntary paternity-acknowledgment law may take precedence over DNA tests.
- NPR’s Talk of the Nation talks to David Valle, Lawrence Brody, Aravinda Chakravarti, and David Goldstein about genomewide association studies for disease association gene variants – Scientists Scour Genome for Clues About Disease . They also touch on direct-to-consumer genetic testing.
- Esther Dyson is one of the first 10 volunteers to make her medical records and genetic information public as part of Harvard professor George Church’s Personal Genome Project. (Fellow DNA Network member Jason Bobe of The Personal Genome works for the PGP.)
Eye on DNA July Winner and August Contest...
Eye on DNA Links for 24 July 2007...
July Contest and Eye on DNA Links for 2 July 2007...
Eye on DNA Links – 1 July 2007...
Eye on DNA Links – May 10, 2007...
Ads at Eye on DNA...
Eye on DNA Links for 3 July 2007...
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Search Eye on DNA
- Genetic Genealogy on Faces of America
- DNA Network Tweet Cloud
- Genetics = Real Science
- Larry David’s DNA Test
- Lopez Tonight First Late-Night Show to Offer DNA Testing
- American Genes Don’t Exist
- Knowledge about Genetic Risk is Power or is it Fear?
- Murderer Gets Reduced Sentence Because His Genes Made Him Do It
- Video: Knome’s Ari Kiirikki Speaks with Medgadget
- DNA Toys: Ben 10 and Digimon Digivice
- 100 Facts About DNA
- Salaries for Jobs in Genetics
- How To Determine Paternity Without A DNA Test
- Fetal Gender DNA Tests Answer Common Pregnancy Question...Or Not
- What does DNA mean to you?
- Eye on DNA Interview: Dr. Tzung-Fu Hsieh of RedTracer DNA Test for the Red Hair Gene, MC1R
- Books About DNA: The Crime of Reason by Robert B. Laughlin
- Genetically Modified Organisms Bring in the Cash
- Navigenics Introduces Physician Portal and Annual Insight Service
- People Who’ve Had Their Genomes Sequenced
09/29/2009 07:03 am
- Larry David’s DNA Test
11/17/2009 02:52 am
- 23andMe DNA Tests for $399, Down From $999
09/10/2008 04:33 am
- Crazy Genetic Marketing Ideas
07/05/2008 09:14 pm
- Parenting Children Using Genetic Tests
05/18/2009 02:09 am
- Business of DNA
- DNA @ Google Answers
- DNA and Disease
- DNA and Genealogy
- DNA and the Law
- DNA Around the World
- DNA Fun
- DNA in General
- DNA Inventions and Gadgets
- DNA Lab Talk
- DNA Podcasts and Videos
- DNA Quotes and Excerpts
- DNA Testing
- Gene Therapy
- Genetic Engineering
- Genetically Modified Foods and Organisms
- Jobs Involving DNA
- Personalities with DNA
- Polls About DNA
- January 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- The Tree of Life
- Anxiety, Addiction and Depression Treatments
- Genomics Revolution
- The Personal Genome
- The Loom
- Discovering Biology in a Digital World