by Dr. Hsien-Hsien Lei
Posted August 29, 2007 in DNA Fun, DNA in General
The Wellcome Collection was opened this past June by Dr. James Watson and I finally got a chance to visit yesterday with my five-year-old son. We were both fascinated by the displays; he liked the elephant and whale hearts while I, of course, liked the Genomes section of the Medicine Now exhibit.
Here are some photos from our visit. Click to see larger images.
Sound Chairs upon entering the exhibit (left); a representation of the information contained in all 23 pairs of the human chromosome, to the right is a working microassay robot used in the Human Genome Project.
Andrea Duncan’s Twenty Three Pairs artwork using images of an “odd sock drawer” and Barber DNA by Robin Blackledge.
Anagram by Julie Cockburn featuring DNA bases.
Jelly Baby by Mauro Perucchetti representing a cloned human. (And, no, my son is not a clone! )
For more, see the Wellcome Collection official descriptions of these key exhibits.
DNA Video: James Watson at the Wellcome Trust...
Eye on DNA Links – June 21, 2007...
Genome Paranoia At Its Craziest...
People Who’ve Had Their Genomes Sequenced...
Genetic Differences Between Identical Twins...
What’s in your DNA? #26...
Wellcome Image Awards: Gene Expression Analysis...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Search Eye on DNA
- Genetic Genealogy on Faces of America
- DNA Network Tweet Cloud
- Genetics = Real Science
- Larry David’s DNA Test
- Lopez Tonight First Late-Night Show to Offer DNA Testing
- American Genes Don’t Exist
- Knowledge about Genetic Risk is Power or is it Fear?
- Murderer Gets Reduced Sentence Because His Genes Made Him Do It
- Video: Knome’s Ari Kiirikki Speaks with Medgadget
- DNA Toys: Ben 10 and Digimon Digivice
- 100 Facts About DNA
- Salaries for Jobs in Genetics
- Fetal Gender DNA Tests Answer Common Pregnancy Question...Or Not
- What does DNA mean to you?
- Eye on DNA Interview: Dr. Tzung-Fu Hsieh of RedTracer DNA Test for the Red Hair Gene, MC1R
- Books About DNA: The Crime of Reason by Robert B. Laughlin
- Genetically Modified Organisms Bring in the Cash
- How To Determine Paternity Without A DNA Test
- Navigenics Introduces Physician Portal and Annual Insight Service
- People Who’ve Had Their Genomes Sequenced
09/29/2009 07:03 am
- Larry David’s DNA Test
11/17/2009 02:52 am
- 23andMe DNA Tests for $399, Down From $999
09/10/2008 04:33 am
- Crazy Genetic Marketing Ideas
07/05/2008 09:14 pm
- Parenting Children Using Genetic Tests
05/18/2009 02:09 am
- Business of DNA
- DNA @ Google Answers
- DNA and Disease
- DNA and Genealogy
- DNA and the Law
- DNA Around the World
- DNA Fun
- DNA in General
- DNA Inventions and Gadgets
- DNA Lab Talk
- DNA Podcasts and Videos
- DNA Quotes and Excerpts
- DNA Testing
- Gene Therapy
- Genetic Engineering
- Genetically Modified Foods and Organisms
- Jobs Involving DNA
- Personalities with DNA
- Polls About DNA
- January 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- Philosophy of Genetics
- Mark’s Daily Apple
- Science With Me!
- The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary
- Six Impossible Things Before Breakfast
- Anxiety, Addiction and Depression Treatments
- Biopolitical Times
- A View from England