by Dr. Hsien-Hsien Lei
Posted October 24, 2007 in DNA on Auction
On the day Dr. James Watson proclaimed that Africans had lower intelligence, African-American sisters Karah, Safiya, and Diana Cesar had him sign a copy of his book, Avoid Boring People. Now the sisters have put that signed copy up on eBay at a starting bid of $300. The auction ends on October 31st at 7:29 PDT.
Safiya, 17, a senior at Cold Spring Harbor High School:
He signed our book and we’re African-Americans. With all the hype still up, we thought it might be valuable to someone.
Twin sister Karah ina letter to Dr. Watson:
This incident has taught me a lesson that may not be in your book. No matter how venerable you are, you are still human.
James Watson apparently lives just 10 minutes from from the Cesar girls.
Breaking DNA News: James Watson Resigns...
Nobody Likes James Watson...
Recently Acquired Books on Genetics...
DNA Video: Dr. James Watson at Google...
DNA Auction: UK DNA Double Helix Coin...
DNA Video: James Watson at the Wellcome Trust...
DNA Quote of the Day: Dr. James Watson...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Search Eye on DNA
- Genetic Genealogy on Faces of America
- DNA Network Tweet Cloud
- Genetics = Real Science
- Larry David’s DNA Test
- Lopez Tonight First Late-Night Show to Offer DNA Testing
- American Genes Don’t Exist
- Knowledge about Genetic Risk is Power or is it Fear?
- Murderer Gets Reduced Sentence Because His Genes Made Him Do It
- Video: Knome’s Ari Kiirikki Speaks with Medgadget
- DNA Toys: Ben 10 and Digimon Digivice
- 100 Facts About DNA
- Salaries for Jobs in Genetics
- Fetal Gender DNA Tests Answer Common Pregnancy Question...Or Not
- How To Determine Paternity Without A DNA Test
- What does DNA mean to you?
- Eye on DNA Interview: Dr. Tzung-Fu Hsieh of RedTracer DNA Test for the Red Hair Gene, MC1R
- Books About DNA: The Crime of Reason by Robert B. Laughlin
- Genetically Modified Organisms Bring in the Cash
- Navigenics Introduces Physician Portal and Annual Insight Service
- People Who’ve Had Their Genomes Sequenced
09/29/2009 07:03 am
- Larry David’s DNA Test
11/17/2009 02:52 am
- 23andMe DNA Tests for $399, Down From $999
09/10/2008 04:33 am
- Crazy Genetic Marketing Ideas
07/05/2008 09:14 pm
- Parenting Children Using Genetic Tests
05/18/2009 02:09 am
- Business of DNA
- DNA @ Google Answers
- DNA and Disease
- DNA and Genealogy
- DNA and the Law
- DNA Around the World
- DNA Fun
- DNA in General
- DNA Inventions and Gadgets
- DNA Lab Talk
- DNA Podcasts and Videos
- DNA Quotes and Excerpts
- DNA Testing
- Gene Therapy
- Genetic Engineering
- Genetically Modified Foods and Organisms
- Jobs Involving DNA
- Personalities with DNA
- Polls About DNA
- January 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- GMO Africa
- Adventures in Ethics and Science
- Gene Expression
- Tales of CFS
- The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary
- Writing Spark
- OMMBID Blog