by Dr. Hsien-Hsien Lei
Posted November 8, 2007 in Eye on DNA Headlines
Death by Hugh MacLeod
- Thank you to The Issue – The Blog Newspaper for featuring Eye on DNA’s post, Genetically Engineered Mice Flex and Flouresce , in its Science and Health section. I hadn’t known of The Issue before today but it’s definitely been added to my Google Reader.
- DNA Network member David Bradley of Sciencebase is up for a Weblog Award for Best Science Blog! Please give him a vote along with my good friend, Kristina Chew of Autism Vox in the Best Medical/Health Issues Blog category. Polls close close Thursday November 8, 2007 at 10:00 p.m. Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), which is 5:00 p.m. (EST) and 2:00 p.m. (PST) so VOTE NOW!
- Nick at Bitesize Bio points us to rethinkPCR, a contest involving PCR quips. The front runner is currently:
I think the “hot start” I’ve been using is more like “not start.”
Every participant is eligible for a t-shirt along with some great prizes like an iPhone, laser pointer, and catered lunch for your lab. If you get a tee, send me a pic of you wearing it (or just the t-shirt itself, if you’d prefer) and I’ll feature you in my Geeky DNA T-Shirts series.
- The Genomics Policy Research Unit at the University of Glamorgan has been awarded a grant for their project – Genetic Literacy and Family History: A Study of Young People in the South Wales Valleys. Teenagers age 16 to 18 will be interviewed and asked to participate in a focus group that will gauge their attitude towards genetics. As personal genomics develops, it will be increasingly important for their generation and the ones after them to understand how genetic technologies can affect their lives.
- Following up on one of the most popular posts at Eye on DNA, Jon Entine’s write-up of his book Abraham’s Children, William Saletan explores Jewgenics further in Slate.
Are Jews a race? Is Jewish Intelligence genetic?
Eye on DNA Headlines for 18 August 2007...
Eye on DNA Headlines for 1 November 2007...
Eye on DNA Headlines for 27 November 2007...
Eye on DNA Headlines for 13 November 2007...
DNA on Auction: DNA Wall Clock...
DNA Auction: Mr. DNA from Jurassic Park...
DNA Video: Craig Venter at Google...
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Search Eye on DNA
- Genetic Genealogy on Faces of America
- DNA Network Tweet Cloud
- Genetics = Real Science
- Larry David’s DNA Test
- Lopez Tonight First Late-Night Show to Offer DNA Testing
- American Genes Don’t Exist
- Knowledge about Genetic Risk is Power or is it Fear?
- Murderer Gets Reduced Sentence Because His Genes Made Him Do It
- Video: Knome’s Ari Kiirikki Speaks with Medgadget
- DNA Toys: Ben 10 and Digimon Digivice
- 100 Facts About DNA
- Salaries for Jobs in Genetics
- Fetal Gender DNA Tests Answer Common Pregnancy Question...Or Not
- How To Determine Paternity Without A DNA Test
- What does DNA mean to you?
- Eye on DNA Interview: Dr. Tzung-Fu Hsieh of RedTracer DNA Test for the Red Hair Gene, MC1R
- Books About DNA: The Crime of Reason by Robert B. Laughlin
- Genetically Modified Organisms Bring in the Cash
- Navigenics Introduces Physician Portal and Annual Insight Service
- People Who’ve Had Their Genomes Sequenced
09/29/2009 07:03 am
- Larry David’s DNA Test
11/17/2009 02:52 am
- 23andMe DNA Tests for $399, Down From $999
09/10/2008 04:33 am
- Crazy Genetic Marketing Ideas
07/05/2008 09:14 pm
- Parenting Children Using Genetic Tests
05/18/2009 02:09 am
- Business of DNA
- DNA @ Google Answers
- DNA and Disease
- DNA and Genealogy
- DNA and the Law
- DNA Around the World
- DNA Fun
- DNA in General
- DNA Inventions and Gadgets
- DNA Lab Talk
- DNA Podcasts and Videos
- DNA Quotes and Excerpts
- DNA Testing
- Gene Therapy
- Genetic Engineering
- Genetically Modified Foods and Organisms
- Jobs Involving DNA
- Personalities with DNA
- Polls About DNA
- January 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- AIDS Combat Zone
- The Haversian Canal
- Epigenetics News
- Evolution…Not “Just a Theory” Anymore
- The Genetic Genealogist
- Adult ADD Strengths
- The Antidote