by Dr. Hsien-Hsien Lei
Posted December 26, 2007 in DNA Testing, DNA in General, Eye on DNA Headlines
- Esther Dyson gets her father, physicist and mathematician Freeman Dyson, a 23andMe kit and subscription for Christmas. Here he is getting ready to start spitting.
- Speaking of 23andMe, they may have made Wired’s list of Top 10 Startups Worth Watching in 2008 but Mashable named them one of The Dumbest Startups of 2007. Goes to show you can’t please everyone.
For those who think that spending that type of money while giving up ownership of your saliva is not a winning proposition, Drama 2.0, at no cost, can advise you that the results of your 23andMe analysis would not have been promising anyway: you will one day die.
- A repeat of the 60 Minutes segment on genetic genealogy has made the search for [family tree DNA] #1 at Google Trends as of 4 pm, December 23 with a “Volcanic” hotness rating. A search for [african ancestry] ranked #68 with a “Mild” hotness rating.
- DNA Diagnostic Center has launched a DNA Education Corner that includes info for teachers and educators of kindergarten to 12th grade students. (via The DNA Testing Blog, a DNA Network member)
- Interested in storing extracted DNA in the safety of your own home at room temperature without fancy freezers? Learn more from this DNA Direct flyer (pdf) about DNA Archive! (FYI, I work for DNA Direct .)
Eye on DNA Headlines for 20 December 2007...
Eye on DNA Headlines for 17 December 2007...
DNA Video: Craig Venter Giving the Richard Dimbleby Lecture...
Eye on DNA Headlines for 3 December 2007...
Eye on DNA Headlines for 6 December 2007...
Eye on DNA Headlines for 24 January 2008...
DNA Video: Stuart Mitchell’s Symphonic Work, DNA of a Humpback Whale...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Search Eye on DNA
- Genetic Genealogy on Faces of America
- DNA Network Tweet Cloud
- Genetics = Real Science
- Larry David’s DNA Test
- Lopez Tonight First Late-Night Show to Offer DNA Testing
- American Genes Don’t Exist
- Knowledge about Genetic Risk is Power or is it Fear?
- Murderer Gets Reduced Sentence Because His Genes Made Him Do It
- Video: Knome’s Ari Kiirikki Speaks with Medgadget
- DNA Toys: Ben 10 and Digimon Digivice
- 100 Facts About DNA
- Salaries for Jobs in Genetics
- Fetal Gender DNA Tests Answer Common Pregnancy Question...Or Not
- How To Determine Paternity Without A DNA Test
- What does DNA mean to you?
- Eye on DNA Interview: Dr. Tzung-Fu Hsieh of RedTracer DNA Test for the Red Hair Gene, MC1R
- Books About DNA: The Crime of Reason by Robert B. Laughlin
- Genetically Modified Organisms Bring in the Cash
- Navigenics Introduces Physician Portal and Annual Insight Service
- People Who’ve Had Their Genomes Sequenced
09/29/2009 07:03 am
- Larry David’s DNA Test
11/17/2009 02:52 am
- 23andMe DNA Tests for $399, Down From $999
09/10/2008 04:33 am
- Crazy Genetic Marketing Ideas
07/05/2008 09:14 pm
- Parenting Children Using Genetic Tests
05/18/2009 02:09 am
- Business of DNA
- DNA @ Google Answers
- DNA and Disease
- DNA and Genealogy
- DNA and the Law
- DNA Around the World
- DNA Fun
- DNA in General
- DNA Inventions and Gadgets
- DNA Lab Talk
- DNA Podcasts and Videos
- DNA Quotes and Excerpts
- DNA Testing
- Gene Therapy
- Genetic Engineering
- Genetically Modified Foods and Organisms
- Jobs Involving DNA
- Personalities with DNA
- Polls About DNA
- January 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- Effect Measure
- John Hawks Anthropology Weblog
- Twisted Bacteria
- A View from England