by Dr. Hsien-Hsien Lei
Posted January 29, 2008 in Eye on DNA Headlines
- Check out my Editor’s Note in the January 25 issue of KromoNews, a weekly human genetics newsletter!
- Looking for info on genetic genealogy? Kevin Duerinck’s Genetic Genealogy Pages is one place to go. He has information on Why DNA Testing for Genealogy and How to Manage It, DNA Storage Methods (DNA Direct’s DNA Archive is included), and Genetics and Privacy.
- I don’t know anything about coding but Bert Hubert obviously does. The computer programmer has written up some “ramblings” on DNA that may make sense to some of you g33ks:
…as almost all cells carry around a full copy (’distribution’) of the genome, a system is needed to #ifdef out stuff not needed. And that is just how it works. The genetic code is full of #if/#endif statements.
- Congratulations to DNA Direct*, the first national provider to offer genetic testing services on Carol. Carol is the first healthcare marketplace that makes it possible for consumers to shop, compare, and purchase care services online. More from Crossover Healthcare.
- Here’s some fashion advice for those wishing to look as if you belong to the “it” crowd in personal genomics – navy blue trousers, matching jacket, and/or blue shirt as modeled by (L to R) Francis Collins, George Church, Linda Avey, and Craig Venter at the World Economic Forum 2008 (photo credit: Esther Dyson).
*I work for DNA Direct as a genetic information specialist.
Eye on DNA Headlines for 18 January 2008...
Eye on DNA Headlines for 3 January 2008...
Eye on DNA Headlines for 24 January 2008...
DNA Auction: UK DNA Double Helix Coin...
Eye on DNA Headlines for 11 April 2008...
Outrageous DNA Predictions for 2009...
Eye on DNA Headlines for 23 March 2008...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Search Eye on DNA
- Genetic Genealogy on Faces of America
- DNA Network Tweet Cloud
- Genetics = Real Science
- Larry David’s DNA Test
- Lopez Tonight First Late-Night Show to Offer DNA Testing
- American Genes Don’t Exist
- Knowledge about Genetic Risk is Power or is it Fear?
- Murderer Gets Reduced Sentence Because His Genes Made Him Do It
- Video: Knome’s Ari Kiirikki Speaks with Medgadget
- DNA Toys: Ben 10 and Digimon Digivice
- 100 Facts About DNA
- Salaries for Jobs in Genetics
- Fetal Gender DNA Tests Answer Common Pregnancy Question...Or Not
- What does DNA mean to you?
- Eye on DNA Interview: Dr. Tzung-Fu Hsieh of RedTracer DNA Test for the Red Hair Gene, MC1R
- Books About DNA: The Crime of Reason by Robert B. Laughlin
- How To Determine Paternity Without A DNA Test
- Genetically Modified Organisms Bring in the Cash
- Navigenics Introduces Physician Portal and Annual Insight Service
- People Who’ve Had Their Genomes Sequenced
09/29/2009 07:03 am
- Larry David’s DNA Test
11/17/2009 02:52 am
- 23andMe DNA Tests for $399, Down From $999
09/10/2008 04:33 am
- Crazy Genetic Marketing Ideas
07/05/2008 09:14 pm
- Parenting Children Using Genetic Tests
05/18/2009 02:09 am
- Business of DNA
- DNA @ Google Answers
- DNA and Disease
- DNA and Genealogy
- DNA and the Law
- DNA Around the World
- DNA Fun
- DNA in General
- DNA Inventions and Gadgets
- DNA Lab Talk
- DNA Podcasts and Videos
- DNA Quotes and Excerpts
- DNA Testing
- Gene Therapy
- Genetic Engineering
- Genetically Modified Foods and Organisms
- Jobs Involving DNA
- Personalities with DNA
- Polls About DNA
- January 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- Discovering Biology in a Digital World
- The Minnesota Gene Pool
- Baby Biotechs
- Pharma Gazette
- Evolution…Not “Just a Theory” Anymore
- Let’s Get Personal
- Gene Expression a la Razib
- The Issue
- Science With Me!
- Microarray Blog