by Dr. Hsien-Hsien Lei
Posted February 15, 2008 in DNA Testing, DNA and Genealogy, Eye on DNA Headlines
- The Teaching Company sells a 24-lecture intro to genetics course, Understanding Genetics: DNA, Genes, and Their Real World Applications, taught by Dr. David Sadava of The Claremont McKenna, Pitzer, and Scripps Colleges. After watching a preview, I can say that it’s not much more interesting than the lectures I sat through in college but for people who learn better by listening and watching, rather than reading, it may be valuable. (HT: GENEALOGY-DNA)
- Please welcome the latest members of The DNA Network. We now number 46!
- Gotta have this squishy, squashy, lumpy light-up DNA ball from HearthSong! (HT: Kristina)
- An oldie but funny on genetic genealogy from one of my favorite writers at the New York Times – Michelle Slatalla.
- Mary Beth Faller of The Arizona Republic asks: Is a gene test right for you? It’s got a negative slant to it (of course) but the right sidebar has some good basic information on DNA testing.
DNA Video: The Truth About DNA on NBC Nightly News...
Eye on DNA Headlines for 22 February 2008...
Eye on DNA Headlines for 28 March 2008...
Eye on DNA Headlines for 18 January 2008...
Stephen Colbert’s DNA Headed for the International Space Station...
Navigenics to launch in April 2008?...
Eye on DNA Headlines for 11 April 2008...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Search Eye on DNA
- Genetic Genealogy on Faces of America
- DNA Network Tweet Cloud
- Genetics = Real Science
- Larry David’s DNA Test
- Lopez Tonight First Late-Night Show to Offer DNA Testing
- American Genes Don’t Exist
- Knowledge about Genetic Risk is Power or is it Fear?
- Murderer Gets Reduced Sentence Because His Genes Made Him Do It
- Video: Knome’s Ari Kiirikki Speaks with Medgadget
- DNA Toys: Ben 10 and Digimon Digivice
- 100 Facts About DNA
- Salaries for Jobs in Genetics
- Fetal Gender DNA Tests Answer Common Pregnancy Question...Or Not
- How To Determine Paternity Without A DNA Test
- What does DNA mean to you?
- Eye on DNA Interview: Dr. Tzung-Fu Hsieh of RedTracer DNA Test for the Red Hair Gene, MC1R
- Books About DNA: The Crime of Reason by Robert B. Laughlin
- Genetically Modified Organisms Bring in the Cash
- Navigenics Introduces Physician Portal and Annual Insight Service
- People Who’ve Had Their Genomes Sequenced
09/29/2009 07:03 am
- Larry David’s DNA Test
11/17/2009 02:52 am
- 23andMe DNA Tests for $399, Down From $999
09/10/2008 04:33 am
- Crazy Genetic Marketing Ideas
07/05/2008 09:14 pm
- Parenting Children Using Genetic Tests
05/18/2009 02:09 am
- Business of DNA
- DNA @ Google Answers
- DNA and Disease
- DNA and Genealogy
- DNA and the Law
- DNA Around the World
- DNA Fun
- DNA in General
- DNA Inventions and Gadgets
- DNA Lab Talk
- DNA Podcasts and Videos
- DNA Quotes and Excerpts
- DNA Testing
- Gene Therapy
- Genetic Engineering
- Genetically Modified Foods and Organisms
- Jobs Involving DNA
- Personalities with DNA
- Polls About DNA
- January 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- Tales of CFS
- Off The Road
- Women’s Bioethics Blog
- The Science Creative Quarterly
- Gene Sherpa
- Adventures in Ethics and Science
- DNA Direct Talk