by Dr. Hsien-Hsien Lei
Posted June 3, 2008 in DNA Products
One of the coolest ways to have fun with your DNA is via DNA art and the leader in the marketplace is undeniably DNA 11, creators of DNA portraits. Today, DNA 11 launches the GenePak upgrade which will identify four genes during DNA processing. With the enclosed booklet, customers can identify the specific DNA fragments in their DNA portraits that show their genotype for the following genes.
Sport: Show off your muscles without having to flex. This gene called ACTN2 is expressed in all muscle cells.
Brain: This gene — IGF-2 — is associated with intelligence. It is not the only gene whose expression correlates with IQ, but one of them that is involved in development of the brain
Love: This gene — NGF2 â€“ is one of the genes responsible for those butterflies in your stomach when you meet that special someone.
Gender: This gene — Amelogenin — is often used to determine whether someone is male or female.
Co-founder Nazim Ahmed:
Our clients have been so happy with their unique DNA art portraits that we wanted to add even more insightful and exciting options for them. This new GenePakâ„¢ option allows clients to analyze their genes in an interesting way that creates great entertainment value for friends and family.
GenePack is available for an additional $99 with any DNA portrait as an upgrade.
NB: DNA 11 was recently mentioned in this Clarion-Ledger article – Getting personal: Products touting individuality appeal to the masses.
BioMarker Pharmaceuticals Launches the Gene Essence Test...
Personal Genome Sequencing Company Knome Launches...
Official Launch of Personal Genomics Company Navigenics...
Nanosphere DNA Test Using Gold Nanoparticles...
23andMe DNA Tests for $399, Down From $999...
DNA Quote of the Day – Martin Varsavsky and 23andMe...
DNA Video: deCODEme...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Search Eye on DNA
- Genetic Genealogy on Faces of America
- DNA Network Tweet Cloud
- Genetics = Real Science
- Larry David’s DNA Test
- Lopez Tonight First Late-Night Show to Offer DNA Testing
- American Genes Don’t Exist
- Knowledge about Genetic Risk is Power or is it Fear?
- Murderer Gets Reduced Sentence Because His Genes Made Him Do It
- Video: Knome’s Ari Kiirikki Speaks with Medgadget
- DNA Toys: Ben 10 and Digimon Digivice
- 100 Facts About DNA
- Salaries for Jobs in Genetics
- Fetal Gender DNA Tests Answer Common Pregnancy Question...Or Not
- How To Determine Paternity Without A DNA Test
- What does DNA mean to you?
- Eye on DNA Interview: Dr. Tzung-Fu Hsieh of RedTracer DNA Test for the Red Hair Gene, MC1R
- Books About DNA: The Crime of Reason by Robert B. Laughlin
- Genetically Modified Organisms Bring in the Cash
- Navigenics Introduces Physician Portal and Annual Insight Service
- People Who’ve Had Their Genomes Sequenced
09/29/2009 07:03 am
- Larry David’s DNA Test
11/17/2009 02:52 am
- 23andMe DNA Tests for $399, Down From $999
09/10/2008 04:33 am
- Crazy Genetic Marketing Ideas
07/05/2008 09:14 pm
- Parenting Children Using Genetic Tests
05/18/2009 02:09 am
- Business of DNA
- DNA @ Google Answers
- DNA and Disease
- DNA and Genealogy
- DNA and the Law
- DNA Around the World
- DNA Fun
- DNA in General
- DNA Inventions and Gadgets
- DNA Lab Talk
- DNA Podcasts and Videos
- DNA Quotes and Excerpts
- DNA Testing
- Gene Therapy
- Genetic Engineering
- Genetically Modified Foods and Organisms
- Jobs Involving DNA
- Personalities with DNA
- Polls About DNA
- January 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- QUEST Science Blog
- The Haversian Canal
- Women’s Bioethics Blog
- Yann Klimentidis’ Weblog
- Mary Meets Dolly
- John Hawks Anthropology Weblog
- Evolution…Not “Just a Theory” Anymore
- Dream Mom