by Dr. Hsien-Hsien Lei
Posted January 5, 2009 in DNA in General
Here’s what I see in 2009. After 2008, the impossible seems possible now!
1. 23andMe will begin selling their tests on drugstore shelves.
2. President Barack Obama will be offered genome sequencing as part of his annual physical examination. (Coincidentally, John Hawks has more on “privacy, politicians, and genetic testing.”)
3. Apple will launch iSEQ – instant DNA testing and analysis in a handheld device complete with apps for social networking, etc.
5. The U.S. government passes laws to obtain DNA from all its citizens which it says will help protect the innocent and punish criminals.
For a look back at 2008, see my editor’s note in the January 4th issue of KromoNews: Weekly Human Genetics Newsletter.
Eye on DNA Links for 9 January 2009...
Biopolis Street, Singapore...
Genomics Law Report Special Series on Ethical, Legal, and Social Issues...
People Who’ve Had Their Genomes Sequenced...
Genetically Modified Organisms Bring in the Cash...
Getting a job at the University of Akron could require a DNA sample...
Dr. Robert Marion on Physician Knowledge of Genetics...
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Search Eye on DNA
- Genetic Genealogy on Faces of America
- DNA Network Tweet Cloud
- Genetics = Real Science
- Larry David’s DNA Test
- Lopez Tonight First Late-Night Show to Offer DNA Testing
- American Genes Don’t Exist
- Knowledge about Genetic Risk is Power or is it Fear?
- Murderer Gets Reduced Sentence Because His Genes Made Him Do It
- Video: Knome’s Ari Kiirikki Speaks with Medgadget
- DNA Toys: Ben 10 and Digimon Digivice
- 100 Facts About DNA
- Salaries for Jobs in Genetics
- Fetal Gender DNA Tests Answer Common Pregnancy Question...Or Not
- What does DNA mean to you?
- Eye on DNA Interview: Dr. Tzung-Fu Hsieh of RedTracer DNA Test for the Red Hair Gene, MC1R
- Books About DNA: The Crime of Reason by Robert B. Laughlin
- Genetically Modified Organisms Bring in the Cash
- Navigenics Introduces Physician Portal and Annual Insight Service
- How To Determine Paternity Without A DNA Test
- People Who’ve Had Their Genomes Sequenced
09/29/2009 07:03 am
- Larry David’s DNA Test
11/17/2009 02:52 am
- 23andMe DNA Tests for $399, Down From $999
09/10/2008 04:33 am
- Crazy Genetic Marketing Ideas
07/05/2008 09:14 pm
- Parenting Children Using Genetic Tests
05/18/2009 02:09 am
- Business of DNA
- DNA @ Google Answers
- DNA and Disease
- DNA and Genealogy
- DNA and the Law
- DNA Around the World
- DNA Fun
- DNA in General
- DNA Inventions and Gadgets
- DNA Lab Talk
- DNA Podcasts and Videos
- DNA Quotes and Excerpts
- DNA Testing
- Gene Therapy
- Genetic Engineering
- Genetically Modified Foods and Organisms
- Jobs Involving DNA
- Personalities with DNA
- Polls About DNA
- January 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- The Science Creative Quarterly
- A Blog Around The Clock
- Pharma Gazette
- Microarray Blog
- Women in Science
- Adventures in Ethics and Science
- Discovering Biology in a Digital World
- The Personal Genome
- Infrared Sauna Info
- Tales of CFS