by Dr. Hsien-Hsien Lei
Posted April 24, 2007 in DNA in General
Welcome to Eye on DNA. I’m Hsien-Hsien Lei (pron. shen-shen lay) and I’m a PhD-trained epidemiologist and biotech consultant. I graduated from Stanford University with a BA in Human Biology, area of concentration in disease prevention, and received my PhD from the Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health in Epidemiology, Division of Genetic Epidemiology.
I have been blogging about science and health since 2005 and was the founding editor of the b5media Science and Health Channel as well as founding author of GeneticsAndHealth.com, AHeartyLife.com, and PlayLibrary.com. For a time, I was also Community Director of wurk.net and wrote healthcare.wurk.net. I formerly worked for DNA Direct as a Genetics Information Specialist.
Eye on DNA is under the sole proprietorship of Dr. Hsien-Hsien Lei. All opinions and views expressed in this blog are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect that of my past or current employers.
- FOX News
- Nature Reviews Genetics
- Duke GenomeLIFE Magazine (pdf)
- Detroit Free Press March 2007, June 2007
- The Washington Post
- Los Angeles Times, on fetal gender DNA test
- Federal Computer Week
- CDC Genomics & Health Weekly Update
- Science (subscription only, email me if you want access)
- 5 Lessons in PhD Career Transitions by Jane Chin, PhD
- Genome Technology Online
- Technology Review
- New Voices for Research from Research!America
- Academic Journals: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Diabetes, Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, etc.
- Burrill Personalized Medicine Report, November 2007
Interviews of me:
- The Antidote
- Pharma Gazette
- Essential Keystrokes
- Pierce Mattie
- Successful Blog
- Skinny Moose Media
- Medscape with Dr. Nick Genes
- Pharma Gazette
- IBM’s HealthNex
- Scitizen, Biotechnology Channel
- The Issue
- ScienceBlogs What’s New in Life Science Research
- The Health Care Blog
I’m passionate about social media and the potential it has to empower people to take charge of their personal health. The Internet and genome technology combined are going to change our lives in ways we can’t even begin to imagine. Medicine in the genome era will touch all of our lives and I’m here to document its progress.
DNA is our past, present, and future. We need to seize it, examine it, and know its power to make it work for us. How will it change your life?
Note on Privacy and Comment Policy:
Eye on DNA welcomes letters from readers. All letters become the property of Eye on DNA, which reserves the right to edit them. Please note that any email I receive may be discussed on Eye on DNA. If you would like to remain anonymous or would prefer the email to remain off the record, please say so explicitly.
Personal information collected by Eye on DNA is limited to the comment form which asks for your name, email address and website address. Your IP address is also recorded when you leave a comment for spam blocking purposes. Eye on DNA also collects general statistics about visitors on their geographical location, time and date of visit, number of repeat visits, and what webpages are viewed. None of this information is sold to a third party.
Eye on DNA is moderated. Internet users posting comments on this blog should not be considered as health professionals. Comments posted on this Blog should be designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her existing physician. I reserve the right to erase, without notification, any comment I judge inappropriate.
Please remember that everyone can read and use your comments. You will not be able to delete comments. Internet users commenting on Eye on DNA should behave in an ethical manner. Please do not post any commercial/advertising comment.
Last modification date : [24 July 2009]
Note on Sponsorship and Ads:
Eye on DNA accepts advertisement that is relevant to genetics, genes, and DNA. Advertisements do not necessarily represent the views of the writer, Dr. Hsien-Hsien Lei, but provide important financial support for the site itself as well as supplementing Dr. Lei’s income. Eye on DNA also does not necessarily reflect the opinions or viewpoints of any of my previous or current employers.
No related posts
Please note that comments left using the form below will be publicly displayed. If you'd like to correspond with me privately, please email me at email@example.com.
If your comment doesn't show up immediately, it's probably in moderation. I will approve it as soon as I can! Thanks for your patience.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Search Eye on DNA
- Genetic Genealogy on Faces of America
- DNA Network Tweet Cloud
- Genetics = Real Science
- Larry David’s DNA Test
- Lopez Tonight First Late-Night Show to Offer DNA Testing
- American Genes Don’t Exist
- Knowledge about Genetic Risk is Power or is it Fear?
- Murderer Gets Reduced Sentence Because His Genes Made Him Do It
- Video: Knome’s Ari Kiirikki Speaks with Medgadget
- DNA Toys: Ben 10 and Digimon Digivice
- 100 Facts About DNA
- Salaries for Jobs in Genetics
- Fetal Gender DNA Tests Answer Common Pregnancy Question...Or Not
- How To Determine Paternity Without A DNA Test
- What does DNA mean to you?
- Eye on DNA Interview: Dr. Tzung-Fu Hsieh of RedTracer DNA Test for the Red Hair Gene, MC1R
- Books About DNA: The Crime of Reason by Robert B. Laughlin
- Genetically Modified Organisms Bring in the Cash
- Navigenics Introduces Physician Portal and Annual Insight Service
- People Who’ve Had Their Genomes Sequenced
09/29/2009 07:03 am
- Larry David’s DNA Test
11/17/2009 02:52 am
- 23andMe DNA Tests for $399, Down From $999
09/10/2008 04:33 am
- Crazy Genetic Marketing Ideas
07/05/2008 09:14 pm
- Parenting Children Using Genetic Tests
05/18/2009 02:09 am
- Business of DNA
- DNA @ Google Answers
- DNA and Disease
- DNA and Genealogy
- DNA and the Law
- DNA Around the World
- DNA Fun
- DNA in General
- DNA Inventions and Gadgets
- DNA Lab Talk
- DNA Podcasts and Videos
- DNA Quotes and Excerpts
- DNA Testing
- Gene Therapy
- Genetic Engineering
- Genetically Modified Foods and Organisms
- Jobs Involving DNA
- Personalities with DNA
- Polls About DNA
- January 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- July 2007
- June 2007
- May 2007
- April 2007
- Genes & Drugs Blog
- AIDS Combat Zone
- Scared to Health
- Dr. Deborah Serani
- Genome Boy